This is the dip you need in your life. Perfect for New Year's parties, Super Bowl parties, or eat-in-your-bed-alone parties. This recipe was featured on North Dakota Today yesterday and we had a blast making this easy recipe.
Not only is it super addictive, but it's also secretly healthy. Loaded with cauliflower, chickpeas, and cashews, you're going to get a lot of nutrients (particularly helpful with serotonin-production that combats the winter blues), lots of protein (1 cup of chickpeas is 39 grams of protein alone!), no cholesterol and lots of fiber to help reduce risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
vegan | gluten free | dairy & egg free
For a baker that really doesn't like making pies, this is a great recipe to get the taste and crunch of a pecan pie with minimal effort in making the crust since this treat is baked into bars. This recipe was featured on North Dakota Today in July 2017.
Pecan Pie Bars
Dairy & egg free. Vegan.
1 cup + 2 TBSP oil
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBSP water
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP flour
10 crushed saltines
2 cups chopped pecans
Whipped coconut cream, for serving
Sprinkle of ground cinnamon, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the crust, mix oil and sugar together in a large bowl until combined. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix until incorporated. Spread evenly on an oiled 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
3. While the crust bakes, prep the pecan topping by stirring together oil, brown sugar, water, vanilla, and flour in a medium saucepan over medium heat until everything melts and combines, about 5 minutes. Once the mixture comes completely together, add the crushed saltines and chopped pecans and mix them in. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring occasionally until the crust is finished cooking.
4. When the crust finishes, remove it from the oven and pour the pecan mixture over the crust. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, let cool completely, then slice into 12 (or more) equal squares. Enjoy!
Makes 12 3x3 in. squares.
Leftover bars can be saved in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week.
Egg & Dairy Ingredients: